Sunday, August 2, 2020

Featured Model - 8/2/20, Decoupage

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Decoupage!



While deciding who to feature this week, I noticed I'd featured Decoupage's foal, Impressionistic Page, a few years ago, so I decided to finally feature his mother! Decoupage was a Connoisseur model from 2004 along with Impressionistic Page, item #90128. She was a run of 350 pieces on the Susecion mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody.

This is another great paint job for Susecion - I really like the contrast of her dark bay areas with the whites. Her semigloss finish sets her off pretty well, too - I almost wonder what an alternate version of her in black instead of bay would have looked like. Well, maybe someday pigs will fly and I'll win the Design Your Own Breyer silent auction lot and be able to find out! I wouldn't count on it, though.

Susecion is one of those molds you really don't want to look at head-on because of her goofy face...but I love her anyway. She and her foal are so sweet together and they're a great representation of an adorable moment in tine. Will we see them used again anytime soon? Well, I'm still holding out hope that they'll be used as the holiday mare and foal set. We did get a more contemporary set last year (albeit unicorns) with Mira and Antares, so anything is possible. They've been a web special twice, so I wouldn't expect to see them used there again anytime soon. Breyerfest is another possibility, but Breyer has other, more recent mare and foal sets they're more likely to use, so that doesn't seem likely either. I'll keep hoping for a holiday release - maybe a nice dapple gray (for the mare) and foal gray for the foal? That would be pretty cool. Well, whatever their next release is, I hope it's something obtainable!

No comments:

Post a Comment