Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Ruffian! (And Man o' War and Silver Charm. Oops!)

Well, one way or another, the remaining single-day Stablemates have been revealed to the world! First off, let's have a look at Ruffian:



So shiny, I love it! ...But I don't collect the mold, so I won't be buying it, sadly. This is one I would have liked to see on the G2 Thoroughbred. Oh well. From the blog:

Foaled at Claiborne Farm near Paris, KY and trained by Frank Y. Whiteley, Jr., Ruffian measured in at an imposing 16.1 hands despite her young age. Though her career in the early 1970s was short-lived, this champion filly won ten consecutive races between 1974 and 1975 earning more than $300,000.

She's definitely a worthy choice for a single-day Stablemate! I wish they'd put her on a mold I collect, but I'm just not into the G3 Standing Thoroughbred.

In other news, I'd wondered if the other two horses were also going to be portraits...and earlier today a photo of a single-day ticket surfaced on Facebook! The photo isn't mine, but it was posted in the "Road to Breyerfest" group. It seems Breyer is already shipping the tickets out? Anyway, the other two single-day Stablemates are glossy Man o' War on the G3 Cantering Warmblood and glossy Silver Charm (!) on the G4 Driving Horse. I really like Silver Charm, so I wish they'd put him on a mold I collect. As of right now, it looks like the only single-day Stablemate I'm going to get this year is the Man o' War!

As for the "leak," I kinda thought Breyer doesn't usually ship those tickets out until after everything is revealed? Somebody made an oops on that one. But we got to see the other two models earlier, so I'm happy with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment