Monday, May 14, 2018

How do you solve a problem like Brunello?

Don't lie, you sang today's post title in your head. (The hills are alive with the sound of...confusion?)

Anyway, today's post is about a subject I've been thinking about for a while...Brunello, on the Idocus mold. Here's a photo:



This model was released in 2016, and was notable because he came with a brand new hairdo. Here's an original-issue Idocus:



I've never been a fan of the original Idocus, but before Brunello's release I never thought about it much. Not a fan; end of story. But then Brunello came out, with his braided mane and tail, and I realized: it was his hair. I've never been a fan of the banged tails on dressage horses, and the original Idocus's mane isn't doing him any favors. It's just kind of there. But Brunello practically makes him look like a whole different model. I really like his head and neck with the braids! And his tail isn't banged! Win-win!

But that opens up a whole new can of worms. I like Brunello, but do I like him enough to buy him? (So far, no.) Should I buy him? I don't generally like to only have one model of a particular mold. But I don't like any of the other Idocus releases because of the blah mane and banged tail. However, Wapiti's tail is different from the usual. Here's a photo:



He still has the iffy mane...but my urge to buy is rising! Ugh! I wonder if they'll use the braided mane and tail on other releases in the future. I know last year's auction model on this mold had the braids. Maybe if they keep using those I'll think about starting a conga...maybe. Or maybe I'll see a Brunello at Breyerfest this year and won't be able to resist...we'll see.



No comments:

Post a Comment