Monday, May 28, 2018

Bristol is here!

Good news, everyone! My Bristol model arrived on Saturday! I was so excited for this model, I decided to get out my fancy camera for pictures. Behold!



It probably would have gone better if the lighting had been coming from the other direction, but what's done is done. He's gorgeous!



Most of the comments online I've seen have been along the same lines - he's definitely one of the better releases the Premier Club has ever seen. I love him!



I haven't been this excited about a new release in a really long time. I guess Breyer really was overdue for a new jumper! And the Morgen curse is broken - finally, a sculpt I like enough to keep in the collection!



I love the "height" of his jump, and the curve of his tail, and everything else that suggests his powerful forward motion. And I love his color! I can't wait to see what other colors they put on this guy - I want him in everything! Except maybe old-style red roan. I hate that color. I'm also not a fan of "honey" or wild bay. You know, just in case someone at Breyer is keeping track.

But otherwise...so many possibilities!



Quality-wise, I didn't see anything majorly wrong with him, and maybe one or two minor dings. A couple of little black marks, maybe? I don't even really remember, except my one nitpick: I wish his dapples were a little more subtle. But that's a pretty big nitpick.

Interestingly, he has a new style of VIN, but I couldn't get a great photo of it.



It's bigger than the old VIN - it barely fits on the sole of his foot. I guess we'll have to see if it pops up again on other new models this year.

All in all, this is one model that's definitely going to stay in my herd, along with any others I can get my grubby hands on. I'm definitely going to be buying a lot of raffle tickets at Breyerfest this year, even if it does look like his stand melted in the Kentucky heat! What an amazing mold!

No comments:

Post a Comment