Saturday, May 12, 2018

Featured Model - 5/12/2018, Lady C

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Lady C!



This model was produced as special run #711167 for Breyerfest 2013. She was a run of 750 on the Bluegrass Bandit mold, sculpted by Sommer Prosser and Kathleen Moody.

I was lucky enough to be able to purchase this model at Breyerfest the year she was produced; Lady C was one of the guest horses that year. Sadly, I only got a glimpse of her once during the three days of Breyerfest. Here she is in the background of a photo of Tennessee Titan on Friday morning!



Not sure why that was the only time I saw her, as I have plenty of other photos of what was going on across the three days. Oh well.

Lady C (the model) is interesting to me because she seems to have been painted quite thickly - you can feel the raised edges of the black paint all over her where the masking was removed. Not that's it's any big deal,just something I found interesting. There were a lot of QC issues with the run, and it was hard to find one that didn't have a lot of flaws. Mine is mostly okay other than the raised paint edges and some issues with the paint on her barrel.

Black-and-white pintos are always flashy, though, so she's always been a treasured part of my collection.

As for Bluegrass Bandit, her most recent appearance was as Repeat the Beat at last year's Breyerfest. She's been a regular run a few times (her original release, Bear, the short-lived 2012 cancer horse, last year's warehouse find), and pops up regularly in other places (collector events, web specials, Breyerfest special runs), so your guess is as good as mine where we'll see her next. I hope we get her as a web special - the Tennessee Walker is a very American breed, so it wouldn't surprise me if she pops up as an America the Beautiful model. We should be getting another one of those soon, so I'm crossing my fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment