Thursday, May 10, 2018

Custom Contest prizes!

The Breyerfest Custom Contest prizes have been revealed! Say hello to the grand prize, All Out!



Oh, she's pretty. I almost want her! That bay looks so nice on her; too bad there's only 6 of her. So pretty!

From the blog:
All Out was named after the slang term used in horse racing when a horse gives it everything they've got, just like our Best Customs contest entrants!

I was going to give them some guff for naming a model that's clearly not going all-out All Out, but I guess the blog does say the name is referring to the contest entrants, not the model. I stand corrected!

Now, on to the finalist prize!  Meet In the Running!



Surprise, surprise - he's an alternate color of Shiloh from the 2016 Stablemate Club. It's a clever idea, although I thought the mini-me of Geronimo we got last year was a cute idea. Oh well. Not sure how a dressage model relates to racing, but maybe they're trying to evoke Zenyatta's dance moves.

All in all, these are both prizes worthy of the Customs Contest. Fortunately, I don't collect either mold, so I don't have to feel sad for not having the artistic skills to enter the contest. If you are planning on entering, though, you'd better brush up on your skills (hah). Entries are due on June 14!

2 comments: