Saturday, August 27, 2016

Featured Model - 8/27/2016, Giverny


Welcome back to another edition of Featured Model! This week's lovely model is... Giverny!





This model was issued in 2015 for that year's Breyerfest, a run of 1,200. He's an example of the iconic Huckleberry Bey mold, sculpted by Kathleen Moody in 1999.

Okay, first off: I don't care what anyone says - I love this model. I've always had a weakness for rainbowy things, and this guy is no exception. Add that to his pearly whites - and gloss! and I'm sold any day of the week. I'd love to see this guy's color on, like, every Breyer mold ever. He even stands well, which brings me to my next point.

A lot of people don't collect Hucks due to the many issues with the discs eventually getting broken. I've had four models wind up with pegs stuck in their hooves, including my most recent purchase. So we are in the slow process of drilling pegs out of feet (two down, two to go). It is frustrating to have a brand-new horse show up and then have the peg break off in the horse's foot within 20 minutes of getting him out of the box.

However frustrating it may be, though, it's not enough to make me sell off my Hucks. Though I do wish they'd make better stands; I imagine they must have to ship out a ton of replacement stands every year. Ah, well. My Giverny and his compatriots will always have a place in my herd.

No comments:

Post a Comment