Friday, April 1, 2022

Disco Duck

 Happy April Fool's Day, everyone! I hope nobody was fooled too badly this year, but it's kinda hard not to when Breyer is putting stuff like this out there...

















According to the Facebook post, his name is "Discoheart" and he'll be available at the end of the month...but, well, it's April Fool's Day and they've done stuff like this in the past, as I talked about in my last Featured Model, so...at best, this particular model will probably be in this year's Breyerfest silent auction. I would buy him if he were a real release, though - he's the same pattern as last year's much-maligned Montana. Although if I were going to name a model horse Discoheart, I'd probably give him a holographic color scheme - just saying. 

In slightly happier news, I'm pretty sure this next release isn't an April Fool's joke:
















Enterprising collectors found him on the Breyer website today, but I don't know how long he's been there. What a cutie! It's good to see Bouncer get more use, and I like his color (check out the hidden images in his pattern). It says he's supposed to be released in June, so I hope I can get my hands on him. Must add him to the collection! 

In the "nonexistent photo" side of things, this year's patriotic decorator appears to be named Anthem, according to this Amazon listing. Here's a blurb from the listing:

With his mane and tail blowing like a flag in the wind, Anthem is a richly-hued decorator model that pays tribute to America’s national anthem, “The Star-Spangled Banner.” His pinto coat takes on the familiar hues of red, white, and blue, along with a splash of metallic silver.


The listing states the model's measurements are 13 inches long by 10 inches high, and enterprising collectors have noted that Hamilton (gulp) and Huck both fit these measurements, plus they both have hair that could be said to be blowing in the wind. After doing some quick measuring of my own, Goffert and the Show Jumper both fit that description, so it's anybody's guess which one it might be. There's no mention of whether this new one is clearware or not, if that makes any difference (The Show Jumper is the only one of those four molds that's been issued in clearware before). For those in favor of Hamilton, the American Saddlebred does seem like a good choice, since it's an American breed - and better yet, it'd rule out all the speculation that he's this year's Breyerfest surprise model, which is always good. I hope we find out soon!  

 

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhh I really hope Anthem is on the Huck mold! There's been too many Hamilton releases in my opinion, but I know he has a HUGE fanbase. I knew Discoheart was an April Fools joke but a tiny part of me was hoping that he might be real...

    ReplyDelete
  2. With no other knowledge of this outside your blog, the first thing that leaps to my mind is Altynai.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like Disco but I don't think the colors match his name. Silver and white would be more like a disco ball.

    And I know he's very popular but I HATE Hamilton and will be very upset if I end up with one. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete