Saturday, April 23, 2022

Featured Model - 4/23/2022, Golden Dun Hanoverian

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but but has an interesting history behind it, give some stats on it and provide commentary on it. This week's model is...the 2004 Breyerfest Auction Golden Dun Hanoverian! 















This model was a OOAK produced on the Hanoverian mold sculpted by Chris Hess. I almost featured this auction model instead (he's a palomino version of the Art Deco special run for JCP, a prized member of my carpet herd back in the day), but the Golden Dun won out because of his glossiness.

I was drawn to this model because he looks like he may be a test for Goin for Gold, a really great color and one of my favorites on Lonesome Glory. I have a small soft spot for the Hanoverian due to my aforementioned Art Deco model, who I really should have kept. Oh well. He looks great in this color! He sadly doesn't get many releases these days, but I thought this auction model from 2010 was a really nice color too. 

It's hard to say where the Hanoverian might be used next - he's not terribly popular, but he did get to make an appearance as last year's Breyerfest diorama contest prize Stubbs, so maybe that'll lead to another appearance somewhere else? Maybe they'll drag him out for a web special later this year or something - I doubt he'll get a RR anytime soon (his last RR appearance was in 2009). In any case, I hope he gets another auction model someday, as he's only had a handful over the years.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! He reminds me of the TRU special Valiant. http://www.identifyyourbreyer.com/Images2/730801a.jpg

    ReplyDelete