Monday, April 25, 2022

Romeo and Anthem are here!

 Good news, everyone! My Romeo and Anthem models have arrived! I'm so happy not to have had to wait until July or later to get these guys. Maybe the shipping problems have finally started to straighten themselves back out? Anyways, I'll start with Romeo. 







He's definitely a handsome guy! As others across the Internets have noted, he has the same leg markings (and star) as the much-maligned roan Seven Arts Surprise from last year's Breyerfest. This doesn't bother me too much - stencils (and before those were used, masks) are reused all the time, so it's just not that big of a deal. 












I could almost wish he were glossy, as that really seems to suit the silver bay paint job for some reason. And I love that his mane and tail are pearly! 
















His masking isn't the best I've ever seen, but it's not terrible either, so there's that. His seams could have been cleaned better as well - he seems like he has seams everywhere. I'll have to compare him to my other Dundees and see if they're all the same way. 

 Next, let's take a look at Anthem! 



















I gotta say, of all the patriotic models Breyer has done so far, this one has to be the best. Using silver is a bit unorthodox, but I think it works. I suppose they could have just done red/blue with white, but the silver sets things off quite well and accentuates his silver hooves nicely. 



















If, by some miracle, I ever win the bidding for a Design Your Own Breyer, I'd probably put this color on Hamilton, probably because so many people wanted Hamilton to be the mold for this release. I think it'd look pretty good on him (but let's face it, this would look good on pretty much any model). 





















I really like the shade of blue they used for this guy - it's pretty similar to the color used for Benasque. Quality-wise, he's fine - a booboo here and there, but nothing major. 

That's all I have for now - let's hope we get some exciting new reveals soon! I feel like the past couple of months have been pretty slow in the news department. 

1 comment:

  1. I love Anthem! Congrats! He looks gorgeous in-hand. I hope they do that color combo on a Classic or SM some day. Romeo looks great, too.

    ReplyDelete