Thursday, February 18, 2021

Julius is here!

 Good news, everyone! My Orange Julius model is here - behold! 


















Sorry for the bad photo. He's certainly handsome, though! Old-style red roan still isn't my favorite colorway, but it looks good on him. He came with an old-style gold sticker on his shoulder, which was fine, but since it didn't look like it was going to stay on him, I pulled it off - and wasn't terribly happy when it left glue goo on his shoulder. I don't think the previous stickers have done that, but I could be wrong, and I didn't want to use Goo Gone on him in case it took the paint off. Blah. 



















Quality-wise, he's pretty good - I noticed a minor scratch on one of his hooves, but nothing else really jumps out at me. Definitely better quality than my Puffin.





















The edge of his mane could have been painted a little better - it's like someone airbrushed the middle of it but didn't bother to go back and try to get the ends of the strands. I wish he had eyewhites, but I don't have any vintage red roans to compare him to, so I'm going to assume none of those had eyewhites either. In any case, I'm glad to have him in my herd! I hope I can get my hands on a Theo soon. 

1 comment:

  1. He looks handsome!

    You could try to get the glue residue off with a teeny tiny drop of cooking oil, rub the stain gently with a finger or a q-tip, then wash or wipe the oil away with mild soapy water. The sticky mess should be gone too :)

    ReplyDelete