Saturday, February 13, 2021

Featured Model - 2/13/21, Alegria

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it! This week's model is...Alegria! 















Ahh, the elusive Alegria. He was the early bird model for Breyerfest 2014. We all knew it was going to be a great Breyerfest when he was unveiled, because it was the first time since 2008 that he'd been used in a run that wasn't a OOAK. I mean, a run of 3 may as well be OOAK, but still. He's the holy grail for a whole lot of people, myself included. It stung pretty badly when I didn't hear my name called for one of these bad boys. He's item #711192 and was issued on the popular Alborozo mold sculpted by Brigitte Eberl. 

Alborozo has had a bit of a renaissance lately since being repurposed as a Stablemate. We're still very unlikely to ever see a run of more than one of the Trad version of him ever again, but he's certainly had no shortage of Stablemate releases. Now if we could just get some more realistic colors on him we'd be set! Almost all of his Stablemate releases have been decorators in some form or fashion. Let's see some realistic colors! I suppose I probably should have just used a photo of his smaller, mirrored form for this post since, like I said above, we're not likely to see a new Trad Alborozo anytime soon. The safe bet is an auction model at Breyerfest eventually, but who knows - maybe he'll get a small run of 5 or 10 for a collector event some day. That would be fun! Provided I had a good place in the boutique line, of course. In the meantime, we'll have to keep collecting our Stablemate Albys and dream of an end to Covid times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment