Saturday, February 6, 2021

Featured Model - 2/6/2021, 2016 Auction Weather Girl

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...the 2016 Breyerfest Auction Weather Girl! 









This beautiful girl was one of my favorite models at that year's auction. She's just beautiful! She has great shading and detail in her paint job, it looks great on her and has a layer of gloss on top to make it all pop. I especially like the darker edges on her colored areas. She's amazing and I'd love to own her someday. Now if we could get something similar in a more attainable release! 

As for Weather Girl, she appeared in the Vintage Club in 2018 and at Breyerfest in 2019, among other things, after making her triumphant return from the "Breyer Vault" in 2016 (am I the only one hoping the "vault" concept never comes back? Dumb marketing gimmick if you ask me). So where will we see her next? She still hasn't appeared as a web special, so it's entirely possible we see her as some type of fowl-inspired release this year. She might also get a new regular run release, too - Arabians are popular and she's been out of the RR line since 2018. Maybe she'll get a mid-year releases? I'm holding out for a web special, though...as long as I can get drawn for it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment