Saturday, February 20, 2021

Featured Model - 2/20/2021, Red Roan Auction Saddlebred

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...the 2002 Breyerfest Live Auction American Saddlebred Stallion! 









As you might have guessed, this model was a OOAK issued on the American Saddlebred Stallion mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody. 

It doesn't seem like it, but the Moody ASB turns 21 years old this year. When did that happen? So, this model itself is 19 years old. I wish some of these older tests and auction models would surface sometime so the rest of us could gawk at them a little - so many of them seem to disappear into the ether, never to be seen again. I'm sure a lot of them turn up at shows, though. Maybe one of these days I'll go to one, when the pandemic is over...

Anyway, the ASB is quite handsome as a red roan.. We haven't gotten a more attainable roan, or any roan other than the realistic/decorator Spring Has Sprung a few years ago, so I wouldn't say no to a new roan paint job on this mold. We're getting him in a very handsome dark bay pinto for this year's Flagship model, though, so I suppose a roan isn't likely to happen anytime soon. Maybe in the meantime I can get my hands on Spring has Sprung? I doubt it, but then again, hope springs eternal. 

1 comment:

  1. The red roan color & pattern remind me a lot of the BF Sainte Surprise Giselle.

    ReplyDelete