Monday, June 8, 2020

Sage is here!

Good news, everyone - the first year of the Fairytale Friends Club (or, as I like to call it, the Glitter Unicorn Club) is finally complete - my Sage and Mini-Sage came! Observe!

















She's pretty nice, as far as $3 Walmart unicorns go.



Green and silver do look good together, though. Wait, is she a member of Slytherin House? ...We'll just have to let that slide. I guess the glitter would probably disqualify her from membership - I imagine glitter is more a Ravenclaw thing, or maybe Gryffindor.

Here's the mini-Sage:




He does stand on his own, surprisingly enough, but his horn is warped. Oh well.

Word on the street is that there's going to be another year of the Glitter Unicorn Club, but....I really hope they put some better paint jobs on these things. I know it must be costly to introduce all these new molds at once, but the paint jobs should really be more complicated for the price point. If they keep on with the $3 paint jobs, I'll probably just skip joining and get the ones I want secondhand so I don't have to bother with selling the ones I don't want.

4 comments:

  1. I'm just curious. Does the glitter make the mane and tail all bumpy? I am assuming it does but I just want to make sure. I was thinking of getting a Breyer unicorn on the Shagya Arabian mold for customizing. I wanted a mare, but I was afraid that the glitter on the mane and tail would ruin it, or at least make things impossibly hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do customs myself, but I'd imagine the glitter makes things difficult. I don't have any good suggestions for how to get the glitter off, either...it might be easier to get an LV Integrity model and put a horn on that instead, hah!

      Delete
  2. A curved horn could indicate a Qilin unicorn... (Asian)

    ReplyDelete