Saturday, June 13, 2020

Featured Model - 6/13/20, Indu

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...glossy Indu!



This handsome guy is item #711259. He was a special run for Breyerfest 2017, and 1600 total models were produced (800 matte and 800 glossy). He was produced on the popular Valegro mold sculpted by Brigitte Eberl.

I picked this model because when I was looking through photos of my models, I noticed this particular individual didn't get much shading on his face compared to my matte one (who, incidentally, is quite a bit darker than the one pictured on IDYB). My glossy one's dapples are also quite a bit more defined than my matte one's. Okay fine, here's a photo of my matte one for comparison:


So, you can see my glossy one's face is quite a bit lighter than the matte one. Not that it makes him particularly special or anything (at least to my knowledge); he's just an interesting variation. Although now that I look at him a little closer, especially his hind feet, he almost looks like they missed painting the last layer of shading on his whole body! Interesting. But variations like this are pretty common, especially with gray models. Just part of the allure, I guess.

Anyway, since Indu was a special run in 2017, I wouldn't have expected to see him at Breyerfest this year, but you never know (I still stand by my Cleveland Bay guess). I suppose it's possible he could have been the volunteer model, but I'm not sure Breyer would use a model on a stand right after last year's volunteer model (Man of the Hour) was also on a stand. I don't expect him to show up as a web special anytime soon either, and he was a collector club special run last fall, so it's hard to say where we'll see him next. Maybe he'll get a regular run release? Or something for Breyerfest next year? He's pretty popular, though, so I'm sure we'll see him again soon enough! 

No comments:

Post a Comment