Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Odds and Ends

Sheesh, there really hasn't been a lot of news lately, has there? Normally Breyer would be showing us this year's Breyerfest live auction models right about now, but we haven't seen hide nor hair of those, despite the fact that the live auction apparently still is going to continue. Speaking of Breyerfest, this is now up on the Breyerfest tickets page:



It's a preview of what the website will look like when Breyerfest activities are live. Note the "Auction" box with the photo of Stephanie holding an auction model from last year. So evidently we are getting an auction this year. In that case...where are the models? Normally we'd have seen, like, half of them by now, so what's the holdup?

I suppose we'll find out soon enough. In other news, I finally got a photo of the new Sugar unicorn showing up at many Walmarts around the country:



I really like his color, possibly because it reminds me of Starlite (I may or may not have had a stuffed Starlite as a child...)! Too bad I'm not really into the Classic AQH mold. But that's more for the rest of you, I guess!

Lastly, remember the new Stablemates on cards we got last year, like this bay Andalusian? There are more new ones out, including a liver chestnut Mini Brishen, a palomino Mirado and black pinto G4 Driving Horse. I can't remember if I've mentioned the previous three before or not. Anyways, there are even more new ones showing up at Walmarts now, including a buttermilk buckskin G3 Mustang, a chestnut blanket Appaloosa G5 Running Mare/Esperanza and a bay G3 Standing Stock Horse, none of which I have photos I can use yet. We hit four Walmarts today hoping to find any of the new ones, only to strike out every time (I'm personally only looking to add the Brishen and Mirado to my herd). The new ones also tease a new set of Horse Crazy blind bags (not to be confused with the Unicorn Crazy blind bags), so clearly we aren't done with blind bags yet, either. Bleh.

Anyways, hopefully we get some exciting news soon! It's driving me crazy not having any auction models to post about!

1 comment:

  1. I think Breyer might be waiting until after the diorama contest deadline to start posting the auction models. I can't wait to see what they come up with!

    ReplyDelete