Saturday, June 27, 2020

Featured Model - 6/27/20, Palomino Callahan

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it! This week's model is...the palomino Callahan!



This handsome fellow is item #712261, issued in 2018 on the Shire B mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody. Official production numbers were never released for this model, or for the other two colors he was issued in. Seems to be happening more and more lately...

Anyway, I picked this guy because he's a sunny, summer-ish color and he's glossy to boot! He's a smaller version of the Pamplemousse release from back in 2011. Palomino isn't always my favorite horse color,  but our buttery Callahan here is definitely a looker! The only thing that gives me pause is his purple and yellow braids. Turquoise and silver, or even purple and silver, would have looked a lot better, IMO. But it's a small nitpick.

As for the Shire B, I'm a little sad we didn't see him used for this year's Breyerfest, considering how draft-heavy it's been. Maybe he'll get a new RR release for next year? Maybe some kind of new set with the Shire A? I hope so - he's really only been used a handful of times since his debut in 2003 (although he's been an auction model and a contest prize model in that time - if only I knew where to find those, if they were for sale!). In any case, I hope he gets a new release soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment