Monday, June 1, 2020

Lots of new reveals today!

Hello, readers! First off, as you may have noticed, Featured Model was on hiatus last week. I guess I was just enjoying having the weekend off from work so much that I completely forgot to write a new post. Oh well!

Anyway, I'll start with the reveal of the last Breyerfest special run for the Fling! Souvenir Shop: a Mini-Raffle Stablemate set! Huzzah!

















All I can say is: YES PLEASE!

Okay, I can say more than that. These are amazing, especially the mini North Star! I love it. And this is series 1...so there are going to be more! These models are mini versions of the raffle models Carlisle, Viajero, Windswept, North Star and Que Sera Sera. Great idea, Breyer!

Next, the mid-year releases have been announced:

Peptoboonsmal on Dundee!



Checkers on Latigo! Nothing I need, but look at that rich chestnut color!



Apparition - the 2020 Halloween Horse! Interesting concept, but also nothing I need.



Adiah HP, the previously-announced pinto Totilas!



And, last (and least, honestly...for me anyway)....more blind bags.

Image may contain: 2 people, text

You'll have to excuse me if I'm not terribly excited about these, because I'm tired of blind bags as a concept. Fortunately, I only want two of them (the mini-Brishen and mini-Emma). I'm also not excited about the chase piece and "super-chase." Just what I want; yet another, even more-impossible-to-find chase! And it's probably a mini Othello to boot. Yawn. I'll get the Brishen and Emma secondhand rather than give Breyer the satisfaction of ordering any of these. Bleh.

That's all I have for today! Hopefully we get more Breyerfest news soon! I'm anxiously awaiting the email where we make our Breyerfest model selections!

2 comments:

  1. *GASP* I was thinking that the miniature Smart Chic would be unaffordable! I'm totally thrilled that he is a Blind Bag. I can't say that I am a big fan of them, but I need a mini Emma to be a twin to my sister's big Emma, and I need the mini Smart Chic for my Topsails Rein Maker, and I need the mini Connemara for my Beachcomber, and I need the Missouri Foxtrotter just cause I like the mold, and... lol, not a fan of blind-bags but they hit my soft spot with these molds. Now the only thing I need is the chase piece to be an Idocus... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like blind bags - especially for customizing, because they are more available at local stores than the single assortments. I am totally excited for the Breyerfest SM set and for Peptoboonsmal (especially since I have Paint Me A Pepto...I wonder if they're going to be the next continuous family Breyer does like the Zippo Pine Bar family...?)

    ReplyDelete