Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Huzzah! A mare and foal set for Breyerfest!

Amid all the doom and gloom, we got a special run reveal from Breyer today!



Say hello to Brighid and Beltane! (I foresee a lot of name-butchering later when it comes time for people to sell their extras...) As I thought, it's a Rhian and Cadell set! From the blog:

Brighid, named after the ancient Irish goddess associated with springtime, fertility, and healing, keeps a close watch on her little foal, Beltane, named for the festival marking the start of the summer pastoral season in the Celtic calendar. These two cuties look poised to take a dance around the Maypole together, don’t they?  Happy Spring!

They certainly are cute! I love the color on the mare. As usual, I can take or leave the foal, but I do like his two-tone tail. Let's hope that if Breyerfest is canceled, we can at least buy these on the website afterward, because I like them a lot...

On the subject of Breyerfest, the first ticket mailing has now been delayed until April 13. I don't think this is a good sign for the event going forward, but I suppose they could just be trying to be cautious... All the same, I have a feeling we won't be heading back to Kentucky until 2021 (or never, if the country goes into another depression...).

No comments:

Post a Comment