Saturday, March 21, 2020

Featured Model - 3/21/20, High Tide

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...High Tide!



This unique model is one of the new releases for 2020! I got him a few weeks ago and wanted to feature him on the blog! He's item #62212 on the Malik mold sculpted by Sarah Mink.

I've definitely seen a lot of variation in the finish for these models - some of them have less silver, others have more, while some have fewer spots, or more, or differences in the size of the spots. The technique used to paint these means there will always be a lot of variations, so it's fun to see all the differences between them. At first I was a little iffy about whether I liked this guy, but once I got him in hand I liked him a lot more.

I like Malik because he's so different from a typical Classics model with the over-the-top hair. I thought that kind of stuff was reserved for Moody sculpts, but clearly I was wrong! I wonder how they'll use him next? I don't anticipate him being a Breyerfest model this year, but maybe he'll be a gambler's choice on the website, or a Halloween model. I'm sure he'll have plenty of regular run releases in the near future too, if we can wait that long! I don't think we've heard what this year's glossy Classics model (for the live show giveaways) is yet, so maybe it's a glossy Malik? That would be pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment