Saturday, March 14, 2020

Featured Model - 3/14/2020, Prism

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. Since it's Pi Day today, and Breyer already set a weak precedent by holding a "Pi-nto Day sale" this weekend, this week's model is...Prism!



This rainbowy guy is item #1801, on the popular Andalusian Stallion mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody. He was a limited edition for 2018 and was a run of 3500.

Rainbows are kind of my kryptonite, so of course I had to buy this guy as soon as I possibly could. My only regret is that I couldn't buy more than one! I mean, I probably could get more of them, but there wouldn't be much point since I'm not a variation hunter. I definitely wouldn't say no to this color on other molds, though! The paint job is based on this old auction model from 2001, minus the gold mapping. Interestingly, last year's auction Croi was also this color, complete with the gold mapping, and it has also popped up on Flash (and probably others). I certainly hope we see it again soon! Considering the auction Croi sold for a cool $7000, it seems likely.

As for the Moody Andalusian, while he isn't my favorite Moody sculpt, he's definitely up there - while adding new additions to the shelves the other day, I counted 19 of them on the shelf. Definitely a popular guy! He was last year's Breyerfest surprise model, and has been used at several Breyerfests previously, so I suspect Breyer will give the mold a rest for a while. I also doubt we see him as a web special this year, unless he shows up in the Wild Animals series later this year, or the holiday decorator. Hope springs eternal, I guess? Well, however he shows up, I hope it's something easy to get my hands on!

No comments:

Post a Comment