Saturday, March 28, 2020

Featured Model - 3/28/2020, Darley

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Darley!














This model was the new mold introduced at the end of the 2018 Stablemates Club. What a looker! He's item #712250 and was sculpted by Tabatha Pack.

I wasn't all that crazy about this model when we'd only seen the whiteware version, but it just goes to show that the right paint job (or any paint job) makes all the difference! I love his gulastra plume - hopefully we see that on more models in the future. He definitely has a lot of character - it's a little confusing as to what he's doing exactly, but if you think of it as "playful Arabian stallion goofing around," it makes a little more sense.

As for Darley, he made his 2019 debut at Breyerfest, in the 30th Anniversary Stablemate Set! He's now being used in the new Deluxe Horse Collection, which was the replacement for the long-running shadowbox set. I haven't obtained one of these sets yet myself - I've heard rumblings on the Internets about the models falling out of the plastic packaging and winding up in a pile at the bottom of the box, so I was figuring I'd try to handpick a set at Breyerfest. Not sure how that will go with the all-but-certain cancellation of Breyerfest, but I guess I can hope.

Where will we see Darley next? Maybe a mid-year Stablemates release? We haven't seen any of the Breyerfest Stablemates yet, so it's moderately likely he'll pop up there. Otherwise, we'll just have to hope for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment