Saturday, March 7, 2020

Featured Model - 3/7/2020, Majesty

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Majesty!



This model is last year's holiday ornament unicorn, a new series that seems to be fairly popular. He's item #700651 and was a regular-run release.

Look familiar? That's because this guy is Kathleen Moody's beloved old Spanish Barb mold, first issued in porcelain in 1994. I've speculated about him being converted to plastic in the past, and it looks like my wishes have finally come true...in miniature form.

At least, I hope this means he'll be released in plastic. The ornament seems to be made of some type of resin, so it remains to be seen if our old Spanish Barb will be released as a Stablemate. I certainly hope so? I guess I forgot about him when I was making my Breyerfest predictions - I didn't predict him showing up anywhere - but I certainly wouldn't complain if he did.

His color is nice, if a little basic - pink body, rainbow glitter mane and tail. Yawn...I hope Breyer starts putting more thought into their unicorn releases soon. All this simplicity (and sloppily painted hooves) is starting to get old. Not that I don't like rainbows or anything. And one of the things I liked about Xavier and his ilk was that they don't shed glitter, unlike the Stablemate unicorns. And Majesty is no exception - glitter galore. Let's hope they put something a little more involved on him next time, eh?

1 comment: