Saturday, October 8, 2022

Featured Model - 10/8/2022, Jangles

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but may have an interesting story behind it, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Jangles! 









This model was an auction model at Breyerfest 2001. She's a OOAK on the Misty mold sculpted by Chris Hess. 

This model is unique because she's intended as an alternate version of the Jingles holiday pony from 2001. Normally I'm not really a fan of Misty, and I don't have any Mistys in my collection, but I have to admit that shaded palomino looks nice on her. I wish we had some more photos so we could see her other side. Hey, if someone out there owns this lady (and also owns the original Jingles set), could we get a photo of her dressed up in the Jingles harness with the sleigh? That would be awesome. 

I think it's safe to say Misty is one of Breyer's most popular molds, as she's been in (as far as I can tell) continuous production as Misty since her introduction in 1972. 50 years of production is pretty impressive, I have to say. And now she's in production as the Phantom as well! For all the time spent in production, she hasn't had that many special runs, though. Maybe she'll get a new one soon? She's never been a web special, either - I wonder why she was never used for the Berries Ponies series? Kind of a missed opportunity there. It's hard to say where we'll see Misty next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment