Saturday, October 15, 2022

Featured Model - 10/15/2022, Silver Dilute Dun Test Lady Phase

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but may have an interesting story behind it, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...the Silver Dilute Dun Auction Lady Phase! 









This model was produced on the Lady Phase mold sculpted by Chris Hess. She has the alternate "swish tail" which debuted in 2006, and the model itself was auctioned off at Breyerfest 2010. 

This isn't the greatest photo (as tends to happen when taking photos in the terrible lighting at the KHP), but I'm positive this model is a test for the Adios web special Frappe, which was released in 2009. Frappe was probably the Adios I liked the best amongst my own collection and I was sad to see him go a couple of months ago. But, I needed the space and he was one of few Adios models I had that was worth any decent money.  But I thought the silver dilute dun paint job was very attractive on him, and wouldn't mind seeing it again on another model sometime. So I was surprised to see this auction Lady Phase existed! 

As for Lady Phase herself, she's a pretty popular mold and has had many releases, including this year's TSC special run Jolene. Because she's been just about everywhere, it's hard to say where we'll see her next. But we may see some other releases on her mold in the nearish future now that they've put the mold into production for the TSC special run - perhaps a web special? I don't have any guesses for next year's theme, but she hasn't had a web special release since 2008, so I'd say she's long overdue for another one. I guess we'll have to wait and see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment