Friday, May 10, 2019

Rhian and Cadell are here! And...Beau?

Great news, everyone! My Rhian and Cadell set are finally here! Behold:



They're so cute! Here's the other side:



I'm still kind of ambivalent about the foal, but he can stay for now. Is it me, or does he seem pretty small for a Trad foal? I realize he's a pony foal, but he seems tiny!

As for the mare, I love her! Here she is with a hopeful suitor:



Her only real flaw is visible in the above photo: she has a scrape on her left front leg. I'm not thrilled about it, but the foal is pretty much flaw-free and from what I hear I'd have to send him back with the mare, so I guess I'll have to overlook the scratch. But, let's be real here: I don't show, so condition and paint issues aren't as big a deal to me anyway.

She looks good with Bouncer though, like I thought she would. Here's a closeup of her face:



Her eyes are nicely painted, although they have the dreaded pink eyewhites going on.

In other news....despite my reservations about this mold, this happened on Tuesday:



That's right...I bought a Beau. Opening his box was nerve-wracking! I was repeating to myself, "Please be braided. Please be braided. Please be braided..." And it worked! I was hoping I'd get a dark variation, too, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.



I wasn't going to buy this release, but Breyer reeled me in with the braided mane and tail. He's just so handsome! I figured if I got the one I wanted, it meant I was meant to collect him...at least, this version of him. I suppose this means I'll have to get my hands on a Brunello now...and possibly Wapiti if I can get past his mane.



Poor Beau has the pink eyewhites going on, too. I hope they phase those out sooner rather than later.

Quality-wise, he's decent - he has some lint stuck in his gloss, but that's par for the course.



His dapples are sadly unsubtle too, but that's nothing new. Now I just have to find space for him on my shelves, and hope they used the braided Idocus again in the near future.

So, if anyone knows where I can find a braided Brunello on the cheap...

No comments:

Post a Comment