Thursday, May 2, 2019

My Gweneveres are here!

Greetings, everyone! My Gweneveres survived the Great Bubble Mailer Fiasco of 2019 in one piece, and so did their boxes - mostly. Behold (and sorry for the godawful photos)!




When you're at home wrangling two kids and a dog, you have to take some quick photos when you can. Anyway, the color on these ladies is really nice, and I love the pearly mane and tail (as usual)! It makes me wish they'd used a mold I collect, because I just don't collect the G1 Morgan Mare, nice as she is.



I ordered several blind bag Stablemates with my Gwens, in the faint hope that I'd get one of the chase Alborozos I still need. Alas, my luck wasn't that good, and I didn't get either of them. Fortunately, despite being shipped in bubble mailers, the boxes were only mildly damaged. Hopefully that doesn't affect their resale value.


It's hard to find the time or inclination to list anything on eBay these days, so I might just wait until Breyerfest and sell them there.

Quality-wise, I didn't see anything horrible in a quick glance, but that was all the time I had to look at them. Hopefully nothing terrible reveals itself when I get around to selling them! I also hope Breyer's new warehouse learned their lesson about sending things in bubble mailers after the earful collectors have been giving them over the last week. Considering the number of blind bags I ordered, I was really nervous things were going to show up broken - and if I'd gotten a broken chase piece I would have been irate! Fortunately (or not), I wasn't lucky enough to get a chase piece anyway, so the point is moot.

So, hopefully I don't have much trouble selling these - and now I'll go back to waiting for the next release! I'm hoping the Belgian or the new Thoroughbred is next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment