Thursday, May 23, 2019

Fairytale Friends Club is now open for membership!

Attention, Collector Club members! The Fairytale Friends Club is available to join on the Breyer website. Check your Club homepage!




According to the website, there will be six releases consisting of two models for each release, every other month. So like the Stablemate Club, but with two models instead of one each time. I'm assuming the Alborozo and Firebird are the first release, although the website doesn't say for sure. The deposit is $30, so I'm guessing the releases will all be Stablemates (Edit: according to this page, one model is a Stablemate and the other is a Mini Whinny mini-me. That explains why the Firebird looks so noodly). I'm not really a Mini Whinny collector, so mine will be for sale, sadly. I wonder if they're planning to shrink down any other molds for this Club? Also, it'd be nice to see the Stablemate Spanish Barb show up, since they already put a horn on him for this year's holiday collection.

Now that I think about it, we don't know if all the releases will be unicorns, do we? Fairytale Friends could mean anything - unicorns, fun-colored decorators, maybe even pegasi? The possibilities are endless! I hope they show us the rest of the releases soon. And they need to tell us if any releases are going to be a gambler's choice so I know if I need multiple accounts or not!

Anyway, the deadline to join is June 30, so don't wait too long! There's no indication of whether sign ups are limited (the website says "while supplies last") so who knows how fast it'll sell out.

Another edit: Check out this picture from the info page.



Sorry it's so small. In the background of the photo, several more horses are visible. They look like unicorn versions of the G1 Arabian, Calliope, Magnolia (yet again? Ugh, why?) and a rearing one that must be a new mold. Exciting! The rearing one and the G1 Arabian appear to be the same color, so they might be the same release. Unfortunately, I'd be selling all of those, so I hope the other releases end up being things I want!


No comments:

Post a Comment