Saturday, May 25, 2019

Featured Model - 5/25/2019, Inconspicuous

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it! This week's model is...Inconspicuous!



This handsome guy is item #90129 and was a run of 350 produced on the Show Jumping Warmblood mold sculpted by Sue Sifton. He was a Connoisseur special run from 2004.

(Incidentally, if anyone has a COA for this guy floating around, let me know! I need one.)

I could be wrong, but I think this might be the first time Breyer did a pintaloosa model? I'm probably wrong. Pintaloosa is one of those colors you totally think is made up - until you see an actual picture of one, and then your reaction (or at least, my reaction) is something along the lines of "Whoa."

Anyway, we've seen a few more pintaloosas since then - the Treasure Hunt Weather Girl being one, and the pintaloosa Bollywood Surprise Latigo being another. Fortunately, the color hasn't been overdone - I imagine real pintaloosa horses are pretty rare, and likewise for Breyer models. We don't want to see it get overdone and wear out its welcome. This particular model definitely doesn't live up to his name, though!

As for the mold, I think I've used the SJW a few times for Featured Model already, so I'm not sure what else I could say about him - although I'd still like to know what the deal was with the liver (I think) chestnut version of him that popped up in that infamous Youtube tutorial with the bay Bristol. He was most recently used as Bolo at the Scottsdale Stampede, so maybe Breyer has something else new in the works for him - I hope so! Maybe the next America the Beautiful special run?

No comments:

Post a Comment