Saturday, May 18, 2019

Featured Model - 5/18/2019, Hera

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Hera!



This pretty girl was a web special back in 2014, one of the releases in the Goddess Series. She was a run of 245 and was item #712108 on the Giselle mold sculpted by Brigitte Eberl.

I always wondered why this web special wasn't more popular. It seems like she wasn't very popular at the time she came out (though I could be wrong). Maybe because it would be hard to assign her a breed for live showing? Either way, I think she's very pretty, though 2016's Bramble ended up being a bit of a rehash of her color, or a better version of it (minus the blanket).

Giselle isn't the most popular mold out there - people don't tend to go crazy over her the way they do a lot of Moody molds, but she does have her aficionados. This makes me wonder if she'll be a surprise model in the future, since Breyer tends to use the popular, but not wildly popular, molds.

She is getting the web special treatment again right now, which means she probably won't show up at Breyerfest or be this year's surprise model (my money is still on the Moody Andalusian). I wonder if she'll get another regular run anytime soon? I think the GG Valentine/Heartbreaker set is still in production, so probably not.

I hope I get drawn for Teton, though! The conga must remain complete (minus the really rare ones, of course)!

No comments:

Post a Comment