Tuesday, August 7, 2018

New Arrivals: Glossy Dark Horse Decorator, One-Day Man o' War

Hello everyone! Today I'll be covering the last of my new arrivals - the glossy decorator Dark Horse Surprise and the One-Day Stablemate Man o' War. Let's start with the decorator!



This guy is just as nice as his matte counterpart, but glossy! I like how the gloss makes his mane and tail look like gummy bears. ...Now I'm hungry. Anyway, his color pops quite a bit more in gloss, although I'm a little perturbed by his red eyes. Not sure what color I'd have painted them instead, but the red just seems a little weird. Maybe red eyes make him go even faster?

Next, the One-Day Stablemate Man o' War!



I still haven't gotten a picture of them together, but I'm pretty sure this guy and Straight Bet are the same color, and they're even both glossy! It's a nice color, though; a very rich red chestnut that looks postively luscious with gloss! I love him. Edit: I can't remember if I've mentioned how happy I am that Breyer dropped the McPie Stablemate boxes they've been using the last couple of years and gave these guys actual pouches this year, but I'm definitely happy with that!

This guy got the dubious honor of being part of my costume contest entry. It was certainly fun trying to devise a way to attach him to my hat in a removable manner, but I figured it out eventually.

An odd thing I noticed about this year's Single-Day Stablemates was that the Silver Charm one isn't glossy. I'd thought it would be, since the other three are, but something got missed along the way, I guess.

So those are all of this year's Breyerfest models I was able to acquire. Hopefully someday I can get a matte and/or glossy Dark Horse, but I suspect it'll be a while before the prices come down on those. Keep checking the blog for more Breyerfest updates - I still have a lot of Breyerfest Closeups to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment