Monday, August 13, 2018

Breyerfest Closeups: Grace

Greetings, everyone! I'll be writing about Grace today. She's otherwise known as the upcoming final release in the 2018 Vintage Club - the Weather Girl trio! So, without further ado, here are some photos!



I guess I only took three photos of these ladies, which is disappointing. Anyway, above is the mahogany bay! Her right front leg looks a little warped, which is unfortunate. She looks pretty faithful to the original mahogany bay PAM, but I feel like her socks should be a little darker. The original release tended to have some overspray on the socks.

Next, let's look at the dapple gray!



Interestingly, this one is a black-point dapple gray, which is a variation on the original dapple gray that ran from 1982-1984. Interesting that they would pick that color for this "rerelease," considering the original dapple gray color was in the regular run line for something like 16 years, but I suppose the black-point is the most popular on the secondary market, so there it is. I think I like this one the best of the three, incidentally. That sticker's gotta come off, though.

Lastly, let's look at the alabaster!



This pretty girl even has lipliner, which was a variation that could sometimes be found on the old alabaster PAMs, though I don't remember if it was the matte or glossy release (or both) that had it. She's definitely pretty, but I like the dapple gray the most. Either way, I'll be looking for whichever two colors I don't get from the club on the secondary market.

Honestly, I'll probably be wishing I just hadn't joined the club this year and bought all three of these mares on the secondary market, because I lost a lot of money selling the Clara and Mae set. I haven't managed to sell Roman yet, but it's not looking too good for him either. So if they do this again next year, I'm definitely sitting the club out. Sorry, Breyer, but most of these models have almost no value on the secondary market and it's just not worth it for those of us "modern" collectors to join.

But that's enough griping for now. Tune in soon for more Breyerfest Closeups!

No comments:

Post a Comment