Saturday, August 18, 2018

Featured Model - 8/18/2018, Daydreamer

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Daydreamer!



I decided to feature Daydreamer this week because, like Mason, she was a new release for 2018 and I never got around to showing her on the blog when she first got here.

Anyway, I think she's really nice! She's definitely different. As you probably already know, she's item #62053 on the Harper mold sculpted by Sommer Prosser.

I like how she's white on the lower legs, which looks like clouds, and the white then fades upward into the clear blue on her neck and head. Blue is my favorite color, so I may be slightly biased here, but whatever. It's a little disappointing that the cloud, rainbow and sun are all one big decal, but I suppose it would have been too labor-intensive to paint it by hand (well, that and you just know there'd be some godawful mistakes).

Here's her other side, for comparison!



Something that doesn't show up very well in the photos is the glitter on her mane and tail. It's hard to see in the photos, but you can definitely feel it when you touch her! Did I mention I like how her tail transitions from blue to white, too? She's a pretty one. I'm not as crazy about her hoofs suddenly being blue again, but I suppose they wanted them to stand out and not be white like the rest of her legs.

She's definitely pretty, though! Breyer has definitely been coming out with some nice Classic decorators lately. I can't wait to see what they come up with next!

No comments:

Post a Comment