Friday, April 13, 2018

Somebody left that stand out in the sun too long!

So the Sunday Raffle model was revealed this morning! Huzzah! Meet Jackpot:



These are the first photos we've seen of the new Bristol mold, and I have to say, I definitely like him...I'll reserve final judgement until I get my own Bristol in hand, but at this point there's a 99% chance he's going to stay with me. I really like that particular "phase" of the jump!

Unfortunately, that stand leaves a lot to be desired. Apparently it's supposed to make the model more jump-friendly? To me it looks like somebody left it on the dashboard of their car too long on a hot day...either that or some kind of soft-serve ice cream fiasco.



I don't like his paintjob as much as I thought I would, sadly. I think it's the light-colored mane and tail; the blog says chestnut, but maybe they were going for a flaxen look on the mane and tail? I think I'd have liked a darker mane/tail better. Or if the color was bay instead of chestnut. Leopard isn't my favorite Appaloosa pattern, anyway - a nice extended blanket like Darjeeling or Fire would have been a definite showstopper.

I'll still be buying raffle tickets, though! Just...I'll probably try to find a different stand on the secondary market...

No comments:

Post a Comment