Saturday, April 7, 2018

Featured Model - 4/7/2018, Giselle

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it! This week's model is a porcelain - the original Giselle!




This is the first time I've ever featured a porcelain on the blog! Released in 2008, Giselle was sculpted by Brigitte Eberl, and was a run of 350. She was one of the few porcelain Connoisseur releases and is item #90147.

I don't have many porcelain models. I can be clumsy, and porcelains make me nervous. The only other porcelain I own is Adriano, the bay Spanish Barb from Breyerfest 2004, and I managed to break him (twice!) last year after years of paranoia. I managed to find Giselle for a bargain price at Breyerfest last year, but truth be told, I'm thinking about taking her back to Breyerfest this year and selling her. The constant paranoia just isn't worth it!

All that aside, I do like the model. Her chestnut color is rich and deeply shaded, and she even has four white socks to boot. She's pretty! But rather unfortunately fragile.

One of the last times we saw Giselle get used was in 2016 as Chesapeake, the ticket model for the Chasing the Chesapeake collector event. That model is also a richly shaded chestnut, but with an added layer of gloss! I have her and she's beautiful.

Giselle was most recently used at the end of last year as Rosalind the unicorn. I'm hoping we see her used at Breyerfest in some fashion or another, but I'm not sure how likely that is. Maybe she'll be the volunteer model? I could get behind that.

No comments:

Post a Comment