Thursday, April 26, 2018

Single-Day Stablemates outlines are revealed!

The links for single-day tickets on the Breyer website are now active, and we can see what the Single-Day Stablemate molds will be!

So those are:

G3 Standing Stock Horse
G3 Cantering Warmblood
G4 Driving Horse
G3 Standing Thoroughbred.

Hey, I predicted one of those - the Driving Horse! Last year I predicted two of them, though...sigh.

There's an interesting mix of molds there - and by "interesting" I mean...why are three of them from the same generation? The Standing Stock Horse and Cantering Warmblood have both been used at Breyerfest 3 times before - the Stock Horse was a Single-Day Stablemate in 2014, and the Cantering Warmblood and Standing Thoroughbred were both Single-Day Stablemates in 2015! (Still looking for the Warmblood...)

I guess you could explain away the Stock Horse by saying Quarter Horses race too, and they're probably trying to pass off the Warmblood as a Thoroughbred. It just seems like there was a wider range of molds they could have picked - the G1s have been popping up all over the place, for instance. I didn't think they'd use the G2 Thoroughbred since she was used last year, but I did think they'd use at least one Arabian since that breed is also known for racing (endurance or otherwise).

Of the four, the only one I want is whatever the Cantering Warmblood turns out to be, so that means I only need to buy one single-day ticket this year. Hopefully I can get the volunteer at the tent to let me pick the one I want - I have a feeling the Warmblood is going to be the most popular, so one of us might need to get in line early.

I'll close by saying I hope they have different packaging for the Stablemates this year - the McDonald's dessert packaging they've been using the last two years isn't nearly as fun as the little themed bags they usually come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment