Saturday, April 28, 2018

Featured Model - 4/28/2018, Galahad

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Galahad!



This handsome guy's name is Galahad! He was a special run from Breyerfest 2005. He's item #711905 and was a run of 1200 on the Andalusian Stallion mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody.

This guy is one of my somewhat recent purchases, and I'm more impressed by him every time I see him! Despite his high run number (or at least high for the time period), his price on the secondary market is usually not cheap. He's a high-demand guy! Fortunately, when I bought him around Christmastime, people must have been tapped out from other purchases, so he didn't cost me an arm and a leg.

IDYB has him listed as a "dappled metallic brown," but he looks more like a liver chestnut to me. And he has the pearly mane and tail! I think this guy must represent one of the earliest uses of the pearly mane and tail, and I love it! I hope Breyer uses this color again sometime, because I'd be all over it.

As for the Andalusian Stallion, he's another uber-popular mold, but he hasn't been used a lot lately. His most recent appearance was as Glorioso in 2016 - another handsome (if unlikely) color! Prior to that he appeared as Jubilee and Silver Jubilee at Breyerfest 2014 - two more beautiful colors. Where will he pop up next? I'm hoping we get him as a web special, personally. He's never been used for that yet - maybe this will be the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment