Monday, March 26, 2018

Breyerfest Diorama Contest prize revealed!

Over the weekend, Breyer posted a hint about the prize for the Diorama Contest, but I just didn't have the time to blog about it. I was convinced the model would be Phar Lap, but of course Breyer had other plans. Here's Win, Place or Show!



Of all the potential molds Breyer could have used, this was about the last one I would have thought of. Their MO for at least the last few years has been to use an older mold for the diorama contest, so I thought Phar Lap would be a sure thing...you know, since he's a Thoroughbred, and galloping. Clearly I was wrong!

If you don't recognize the mold, that's the new Boomerang mold that was introduced at the start of last year as part of the Spirit Riding Free collection. While the color is really nice, the mold just doesn't appeal to me. I feel like I've been saying that a lot about these BF 2018 releases - the early bird raffle, the PAM, Woodford, Inari, Icabad Crane - but it's true. They keep using molds I don't collect! But I won't complain too much, because it means this year's Breyerfest might be slightly easier on my wallet. Who knows - maybe Phar Lap will pop up somewhere else!

I already wasn't planning on entering the Diorama Contest due to my lack of skills (and good ideas) - but if you are, good luck with your entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment