Thursday, March 22, 2018

Gettysburg is here!

Surprise surprise, Gettysburg has arrived! I wasn't drawn for him at first (but then got pulled from the waitlist), and managed to find one at cost from a kind Blabber. Here he is!



I really like this model! His color is really nice - I like how he isn't just gray all over, but has lighter areas in his mane and tail and lots of shading, and of course his white foot (though I personally would have liked to see a blaze or star, but that's just nitpicking).



I love the stripey, contrasting areas in his mane. He's beautiful! His dapples aren't as soft as some of the other models I've seen photos of, but I can live with that.



Too bad they weren't a bit more subtle, as they definitely have that chicken-wire look going on. Oh well. Here's his face!



His eyes are nicely detailed! He does look like he's got something going on with the tip of that left ear, but otherwise I didn't see anything wrong with his quality (other than the dapples, but that was a foregone conclusion). So, into the collection he goes! Or rather, he'll probably just go into a box, because we're moving again next month (we're buying a house! Yay!). I can't wait to see what web special we get next!

No comments:

Post a Comment