Thursday, March 8, 2018

Clara and Mae are now available for purchase!

Good news, everyone! Or just...news. Clara and Mae, the second release in the 2018 Vintage Club, are now available on the website!



Unfortunately, this set is already rather notoriously unpopular, and I'm not looking forward to trying to sell my pair. It's going to be just about impossible to get my money back on these, I think. Not that Breyer shouldn't have used them; they're about as vintage as you can get. But the molds just aren't very popular. I remember seeing Cream and Cocoa leftovers in the Breyer Store for years after they came out. There might have still been some of them there last year! Which is a shame, because those were nice colors too, and a clever idea.

This release should have had everything going for it; it's glossy and the color is nice. Which makes it even more sad that they've been so much of a flop.

Interestingly enough, while I don't collect either of these molds, I think I still have an old knockoff of the Grazing Mare floating around somewhere. I don't have a photo of her, but I always thought she was a knockoff because I don't think she had a Breyer stamp and her plastic seemed more like ABS than cellulose acetate.

Hopefully I can unload this set for a not-too-terrible price - and I hope the vintage-colored Weather Girl at the end of this is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment