Saturday, April 24, 2021

Featured Model - 4/24/2021, Dapple Gray Pinto Auction Brishen

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...the 2014 Breyerfest auction Brishen!



I remember this one well because Breyer showed him to us way ahead of time as part of their promotional materials for that year's Breyerfest. What a stunner! He was a OOAK produced on the Brishen mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody. 

What can I say - star dapple gray looks great on Brishen! This is one of those models I wish I could find for sale now, though he'd probably cost a lot more than the mere $1,000 he sold for originally. Those were the days...when auction models were much less expensive, but still too expensive for most people. That year's most expensive model went for "only" $4,400! Maybe someday those prices will go back down, eh? I hope so. 2014 was a great year for auction models - not just this guy, but the rainbow cheetah Smarty, the heartbreakingly beautiful palomino Totilas, the Appaloosa Performance Horse Esprit, the to-die-for pearly dapple gray PAM, and many more were all up for grabs that year. I think this particular model got a little bit overshadowed by the others, honestly. 

As for Brishen, he was the special run Cheesecake for last year's Breyerfest, and he really hasn't had that many releases in the past (even fewer if you don't count his noodly-legged Andalusian alter ego). Could he be this year's surprise model? It's very possible. He didn't appear in last year's auction lineup, but I don't know if that's really even a rule anymore - they broke it for 2019, and last year had a truncated number of auction models due to the pandemic, so who knows if any of those will end up being the surprise. I think Brishen is a strong possibility! 


No comments:

Post a Comment