Saturday, April 10, 2021

Featured Model - 4/11/2021, Star Fairy

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Star Fairy! 









This model was an auction model at Breyerfest 2011. He was produced on the Goffert mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody. 

While I'm still not a pink fan, I can make an exception for this one. He has a lot of detail for something that looks so simple at first glance. I love his pink shading and the subtle pink dapples on his barrel and hindquarters, plus the painted spiral on his horn. And then the gloss on top! Someone worked hard on this one! It makes me wonder why we've never seen Goffert as a more-attainable unicorn - the horn certainly fits on him. 

Speaking of Goffert, he's been rather absent from the Breyer lineup lately. His most recent releases were a web special in 2018 and a Breyerfest auction appearance in 2019. Where will we see him again? Dare I speculate that he might be this year's Breyerfest surprise model? I would be simultaneously happy and sad about that, since that would be a ton more Gofferts I'd have to get my hands on...but with the artsy theme this year, I'm excited to see what colors Breyer could put on him! 

2 comments:

  1. He was also used last year as the spring decorator - Crystalline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, forgot about that! Well, we could still benefit from another new Goffert or two. :D

      Delete