Saturday, April 17, 2021

Featured Model - 4/17/2021, Rana

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Rana! 









This handsome guy is item #711269. He was a run of 26 on the Desatado mold sculpted by Kristina Lucas Francis, and was the Breyerfest Saturday raffle model back in 2017. 

I like this guy because he reminds me of this "Chocolate Roll" test that was sold through Breyer's website. He's got the same crazy amount of stuff going on with his color, and I love it. Another raffle I didn't win - par for the course, I guess. Fortunately, Desatado isn't the most popular mold out there, so I have hope that someday I might find one for sale for a not-ridiculous price. You know, once the current boom goes bust...if it ever does. But anyway. 

Desatado's last new release was Lightning Ridge back in 2019, so I'd say he's due to be used again. Maybe he'll be one of the True Blue Breyer releases? He was last used for a Collector Event in 2015, so it's probably not too soon to use him again. I suppose I should hope they don't use him, then...I'll hope for a mid-year release instead, or perhaps a web special. Whatever they use him for, I hope it's a pretty color! 

No comments:

Post a Comment