Friday, December 27, 2019

Money, Money, Money

So a surprise special run popped up on the Breyer website today:

Breyer's Ambrose Model

He's a run of 350, painted at the New Jersey factory rather than China. His price? A whopping $295 each! Holy crap...

I was asleep when he went live, and still asleep when he sold out, so I missed out on this one, sadly. But with his piece count, I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get one eventually. I mean...almost $300? For a run of 350? Seems a bit overpriced. Sure, they were painted in NJ, but so are the Breyerfest volunteer models, half the web specials and most if not all the special event models. And being painted in NJ doesn't guarantee you won't get chicken wire dapples, you know?

Well, anyway, he definitely is pretty, and I'd like to get one eventually. Geronimo isn't the most popular mold, so I'm hoping the prices go down sooner rather than later. And I hope this doesn't mean we're going to get more of this in the future...my wallet is pretty much tapped out right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment