Saturday, December 14, 2019

Featured Model - 12/14/2019, Sapphire

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it! This week's model is...Sapphire!



This model was one of the three possible colors for Breyer's 2017 Christmas Day release. He's item #712233 and was a run of 350 on the Bouncer mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody.

I really like the shade of blue Breyer used for this model! It looks amazing with his gloss. I'm less enthralled with his ribbon decorations, though. The bells kind of look like the scratch-off part of a scratch art piece, or a lottery ticket or something. If only I could win a million dollars by scratching them off...

Well, anyway. Bouncer is a cutie and I have most of his releases - it's disappointing that he doesn't get used more, but sometimes that's just how it goes. He's never been a web special, presumably because collectors wouldn't want to pay full price for such a small model; the same probably applies to the Breyerfest special run line, though I personally wouldn't mind seeing him there. Maybe we'll get him next year for Celtic Fling? I hope so. He's definitely due for another release!

No comments:

Post a Comment