Saturday, December 7, 2019

Featured Model - 12/7/2019, Sarge

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. In honor of D-Day being today, I wanted to pick a military-themed model...but the only remotely military-themed horse I have is Sarge, so...here he is!



This little guy was the pop-up-store Stablemate at Breyerfest 2019. A total of 2,000 were made, and he's item #711353 on the Mini Alborozo mold sculpted by Brigitte Eberl. My photo doesn't do him justice - he's a beautiful color-shift purple and green!

This model was really popular - despite the large run size, I think they all sold out, but I don't remember for sure. We never did get a Breyerfest leftovers sale this year, so I think it's safe to say Breyer must have sold a ton of product! I suppose that's the main intention, anyway. And the Alborozo mold is very popular anyway, so it stands to reason these would sell out. Color-shift paint is always fun! There were also rumors that Breyer accidentally (or on purpose_ produced some unicorn versions of this guy, but I haven't heard anything since just after Breyerfest, so I don't know if that was just a rumor or not.

As for the mold...whew! He's had a ton of releases since the tiny mold's introduction last year (mirrored from the Traditional Alborozo); I guess Breyer must be trying to make up for lost time or something. He's going to be used in next year's Stablemates Club, too! Hopefully they don't make him the gambler's choice, or a lot of people (including me) might start tearing out their hair in frustration! Sheesh. I'm also hoping for a regular run version of this guy in a realistic color that ISN'T a grab bag, but I don't know how likely that is. The good news is, we won't have to wait much longer to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment