Thursday, December 19, 2019

My wallet just breathed a huge sigh of relief!

More exciting reveals today, everyone - I'll just keep the goodness coming! Let's start with the 2020 Holiday Horse!



Shannondell, eh? The outfit is interesting, but I've never been a fan of mealy bays. I'm sure he's pretty under all that greenery, though! Next, more holiday items:



I'm not sure who decided the not-terribly-popular Rising Sun resin should be converted into a Stablemate, but it saves me money, so I guess I'm okay with it. I like that 70th anniversary ornament! None of the rest of it catches my eye though. Hmm, I'm sensing a pattern!



The Mini Whinny advent calendar is a super-cute idea, but again - nothing I need. Maybe for my kids? I'll have to think about it.

Next, say hello to the 2020 flagship model!



Lionel certainly is a handsome one, especially in palomino Appaloosa, but I'll pass. Looks like 2020 might be a fairly light year for me!



Now these have me excited. The Stablemate mystery foal sets return, now with unicorns?! Sign me up! I'll need all of those. That Warmblood Mare sure is a bright shade of pink, though. She looks like sherbet or something. Am I really surprised that there's yet another unicorn Alborozo and Magnolia? No. At least they won't be hard to get ahold of.



Now, these are interesting. Are they different combinations of the various horses, or are they in certain pairs, as the photo shows? I see they're randomly shipped, which is another way to say "blind bag garbage," so it could be hard to get them all...but I need almost all of them, so if I order four of them, I have a decent chance of getting all the ones I want...right? I'm glad to see a realistic color on the Warmblood Mare and the Walking Thoroughbred. Breyer is certainly getting plenty of use out of their new Stablemate molds, huh?



These are the last, for now. Are those Mini Whinny versions of Rising Sun, Firebird and the porcelain Cleveland Bay? Say it ain't so! None of those are molds I'm into, so I can resist these...for now. I guess Breyer figured out a way to sell just about anything - slap a horn on it and paint it purple and you're good!

No comments:

Post a Comment