Saturday, December 28, 2019

Featured Model - 12/28/2019, Palomino Amber

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. While I was trying to decide which model to feature this week, I discovered I'd inadvertently featured Leah's Fancy Breyer twice over the years...how embarrassing...but anyway, this week's model is the palomino Amber!





















This model was part of a set (naturally) with a matching Ashley. They were released in 2004 as a regular run. She's item #1256 and was released on the Amber mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody.

Amber may have been a simple palomino paint job, but I do like the darker shading on her knees - it gives her some depth and keeps her from being a flat palomino color. The shading gives her a hint of dunalino, somewhat similar to Cheveyo and others. I like her!

We haven't seen much from Amber and Ashley lately - I mention both of them because one is not usually seen without the other. Where will we see them next? I'm sure they'll get another RR release eventually, since Breyer seems to like to reissue them in a set by themselves every few years. Maybe once the current Best of British foals get retired? We'll have to wait and see. Wouldn't it be nice if they were used for a special run, though? Maybe we'll get one or both of them in a holiday mare and foal set next year. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment