Wednesday, April 24, 2019

No One...and a new test model!

The third single-day Stablemate has been revealed, and it's a mini-Areia! Say hello to no one Arya!



I guess I'd been under the impression that this mold was a stallion, but I don't see a sheath under there. Fair enough.



At this point, I'm 99% sure I'm going to just get four single-day tickets so I can get the full set. I'll worry about whether I want to keep this one later...

In other news, there's a new test run available to enter for on the website!



From the blog:

In 2014, a few different colorways were created to find a deco for Hope, the 2015 Breyer model that benefited several Autism charities.  This lovely blanket Appaloosa version was a bit too complex for regular production and just this single pretty test piece was made!  She sports a pearl base and a metallic palomino coat with multi-colored puzzle pieces as her “spots.” 

Wow - usually these tests are fairly old, but this one is pretty recent! I like her, despite not being a fan of the Quarter Horse Yearling. She's cute, but I can see why the pattern didn't make it to production. She's a test for this autism benefit model. Honestly, I think they should have kept looking for a different colorway...the one they went with seems really garish and weird-looking. I like the test model better - maybe if they'd abandoned the "Appaloosa" part of it and used the puzzle piece pattern they eventually settled on for Hope?

Despite the fact that I like this model, I don't collect the Quarter Horse Yearling, and I don't see this model having the resale value the last one did, so I'm not going to enter for it. Good luck to everyone who does!

No comments:

Post a Comment